Kibana remote access on windows

whata values do i have to change and to what in the kibana.yml file to get this to work

do i have to remove the "#" from the lines that i change, i notice they are there in the original file?

my current non-working kibana.yml is below. I can get access through localhost with out any issues, also on port 80.

I've opend relevant ports on the windows firewall for in/outbound ports and added a rule to cover the kibana service.

# Kibana is served by a back end server. This setting specifies the port to use.
#server.port: 80
# Specifies the address to which the Kibana server will bind. IP addresses and host names are both valid values.
# The default is 'localhost', which usually means remote machines will not be able to connect.
# To allow connections from remote users, set this parameter to a non-loopback address.
#server.host: "172.17.20.201"
# Enables you to specify a path to mount Kibana at if you are running behind a proxy. This only affects
# the URLs generated by Kibana, your proxy is expected to remove the basePath value before forwarding requests
# to Kibana. This setting cannot end in a slash.
#server.basePath: ""

# The maximum payload size in bytes for incoming server requests.
#server.maxPayloadBytes: 1048576

# The Kibana server's name. This is used for display purposes.
#server.name: "srvp00081.XXX.local"

# The URL of the Elasticsearch instance to use for all your queries.
#elasticsearch.url: "http://localhost:9200"

@ssi you'll want to change the server.host to the IP address of the network adapter that is publicly accessible.

Do I need to remove the "#" at the beginning of the line also ? Thanks for the reply

@ssi yes, the # comments out the line, you'll have to remove it to get that setting used.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.