Kibana "server is not ready yet" after enabling Basic Security on Elasticsearch cluster

I enabled basic security doing step by step everything in the documentation. After i put that code

xpack.security.transport.ssl.enabled: true
xpack.security.transport.ssl.verification_mode: certificate
xpack.security.transport.ssl.client_authentication: required
xpack.security.transport.ssl.keystore.path: elastic-certificates.p12
xpack.security.transport.ssl.truststore.path: elastic-certificates.p12

into the elasticsearch.yml file the KIbana dash won't load and says server is not ready yet.

Here are the kibana logs. Also i take in mind that elastic and kibana are running in containers but are on the same network.
Also elasticsearch container is up and running and each container can ping the other. Also from the kibana container i can call the elastic API with a GET request and i receive normal response.

Lastly the two container are both version 7.13.2.

Any suggestions?

Hey there!

Just to confirm, after enabling security for your elasticsearch instance, did you also update your kibana config as well? There's more info on that here: Set up minimal security for Elasticsearch | Elasticsearch Guide [7.13] | Elastic

1 Like

Unbelievable, that was it. Thanks @poff. Just to say i had already done these steps before, but i forgot that i made a new kibana container ! :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the help here

No problem! Glad you got it working!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.