Kibana Stack Managent Built-In Alerts Missing

We are in the process of migrating to a new cluster, and I noticed on the new cluster that Stack Monitoring in Kibana is missing the default alert rules in the Space I would like to configure Actions for them. I do see the rules/alerts in the Default Space, but they are not available in the Space I want them to be.

Per Kibana alerts...

To review and modify all available rules, use Enter setup mode on the Cluster overview page in Stack Monitoring

When I enter setup mode, I only see Metricbeat monitoring, but no bell with the number of available alerts.

Is there a way to re-create the alert rules in Stack Management of Kibana for a particular space?

Thank you!

There is a modal dialog that shows up when you enter the Monitoring app that asks you to install the alerts. It looks something like this:

Hi @Marius_Dragomir,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I have never seen that before. Is there any way to trigger that prompt again?

What version are you on, since it's been added rather recently?

We are on 7.13.1.

I was able to open a ticket and got an answer on this.

Even though our legacy cluster is now 7.14.0, it was originally started as v7.5.0, and the Stack Monitoring rules were allowed in multiple spaces back then. I was informed this changed in 7.13.0, and these rules are now only allowed in the Default space by default. There is a new setting for kibana.yml to allow additional spaces to have these detection rules:

monitoring.cluster_alerts.allowedSpaces: ["default","my_cool_space"]

This did allow me to create the rules in the space we desire them to be.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.