Kibana Time Display Issue

Hi all,

I am facing time zone issue in kibana. I have the following date format time zone setting:
dateFormat:tz: GMT

Now, when I search using absolute time in kibana, my input and the time in url are same:

but my logs show time by subtracting the difference of UTC from my current time zone.

Now, if I change my setting to dateFormat:tz: Browser, my logs show my current time zone but then I see the difference in my input and time in the url as following:

I want my logs to show my local time but I also, don't want any conversion of time in my input & url to get data from Elasticsearch.

Any help will be appreciated in this matter. Thanks in anticipation!

I want my logs to show my local time but I also, don't want any conversion of time in my input & url

I don't think this is possible. What you see in the URL are query parameters that will be sent to Elasticsearch. ES stores all data in GMT, so if you want it to query data based on your local time, the query needs to adjust the filter for your local timezone.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.