Kibana UI search text for specific pattern

I have log messages with below pattern

user status for userId 1 change previous state x1 new state x2 where previous and new state are different

user status for userId 2 change previous state x1 new state x1 where previous and new state are same

I'm new to kibana and using UI to search for logs. When I type user status for userId for text search I get logs of above scenarios together.

How to search with regex to fetch logs for above mentioned two different scenarios.

search 1 should only return user status for userId 1 change previous state x1 new state x2

search 2 should only return user status for userId 2 change previous state x1 new state x1

Hello @dvanwesh

How are the docs structured? How are they being ingested into elasticsearch?

Thanks,
Matt

@mattkime they are just app server logs. I'm not aware of how elasticsearch is set up to ingest these logs.

generally speaking, it would be good to break up a string of text into multiple fields.

You need to use Lucene Query syntax to support regex - elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/lucene-query.html

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.