Kibana v7.0.0 AWS Fargate Startup Issue

I have an Elasticsearch v7.0.0 cluster (non-oss) up and running. I am attempting to load the Kibana v7.0.0 (non-oss) Docker image on AWS Fargate for use with the cluster. The container fails to start and never produces Cloudwatch logs. As a test I used the Kibana v7.0.0 (oss) image and it starts, connects to the Elasticsearch cluster and responds via the UI. The only difference besides the image name in the Fargate task definition for the Kibana (non-oss) version is I set 3 additional environment variables, see below. Removal of these offer no help with the startup. Does anyone have suggestions on how to debug this issue?

Env variables:
{
"name": "XPACK_MONITORING_UI_CONTAINER_ELASTICSEARCH_ENABLED",
"value": "false"
},
{
"name": "XPACK_XPACK_MAIN_TELEMETRY_ENABLED",
},
{
"name": "XPACK_SECURITY_ENABLED",
}

UPDATE: removal of pre-existing .kibana* indices in Elasticsearch plus lengthening the Fargate and loadbalancer health check timeouts allowed Kibana to finish its optimization process and began to run.

Glad you figured it out - I would assume it was just waiting on the optimize process since the plugins were disabled. Should have still seen log output, though.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.