Kronos API | Can I unlock an account using the Kronos API?

How can I unlock a locked account using the Kronos API?

I have checked the Timekeeping - Developer’s Toolkit API Reference Guide, and was not able to find anything for the following keywords: disable, locked, locked account, update account etc. specific to unlocking the account.

I am able to reset the password, but that is not enough to unlock an account.

All I am looking for is a xml code or a documentation that can help me solve my problem or a different method to unlock an account besides the standard procedure.

Please let me know if more information is required.

The ability to unlock a user's account that has been persistently locked relies on resetting the inetUserStatus attribute to Active. When a user is persistently locked out, their user status (the inetUserStatus attribute) is changed to Inactive in the user store (both the attribute and status value are configurable).

See the Unlocking a user's account (physical lockout) section for details on unlocking a user's account using the REST API.
We have a large number of users "forget" their password, and I would like to create a tool to enable them to unlock & reset their accounts based on their authenticated AD logged in user for kronos. I don't see an option in the API to reset an employee password unless the API is logged in as that user, which isn't possible if they don't know their password.

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

This has nothing to do with Elasticsearch or the rest of the Elastic Stack, so I am not sure how we can help here sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.