Kubernetes Module of Metricbeat does not get pct metrics from Kubelet on Windows

Hi, everyone

I have been testing metricbeat 7.17 Kubernetes module with Kubelet 1.24.3 and windows worker nodes (Windows Server 2022). I use Metricbeat in order to get metrics of containers, pods and nodes. I got node and pods metrics but kubernetes.pod.cpu.usage.node.pct and other pct is absent.
I use standard configuration ans all available metricsets, also I've tried run metricmeat locally and as a pod - same issue


Do you have access to the Kubelet's API to see what metrics it serves?
(I use sth like curl -H "Authorization: Bearer $token" https://${HOSTNAME}:10250/stats/summary --insecure)

Also make sure your configuration is aligned with what we suggest at Run Metricbeat on Kubernetes | Metricbeat Reference [7.17] | Elastic

It seems to be ok

“containers”: [
     “name”: “metricbeat-windows”,
     “startTime”: “2022-09-28T16:27:30Z”,
     “cpu”: {
      “time”: “2022-09-28T17:12:05Z”,
      “usageNanoCores”: 13926978,
      “usageCoreNanoSeconds”: 21734375000
     “memory”: {
      “time”: “2022-09-28T17:12:05Z”,
      “workingSetBytes”: 60731392
     “rootfs”: {
      “time”: “2022-09-28T17:11:57Z”,
      “availableBytes”: 15484485632,
      “capacityBytes”: 42275434496,
      “usedBytes”: 37748736,
      “inodesUsed”: 0
     “logs”: {
      “time”: “2022-09-28T17:12:05Z”,
      “availableBytes”: 15484485632,
      “capacityBytes”: 42275434496,
      “usedBytes”: 1690,
      “inodesUsed”: 0

config if also fine:

- module: system
  period: 10s
    - cpu
    - memory
    - network
    - process
    - process_summary
    - diskio
    - socket_summary

- module: system
  period: 1m
    - filesystem
    - fsstat
  - drop_event.when.regexp:
      system.filesystem.mount_point: '^/(sys|cgroup|proc|dev|etc|host|lib)($|/)'

- module: kubernetes
    - node
    - system
    - pod
    - container
    - volume
  period: 10s
  host: ${NODE_NAME}
  hosts: ["https://${NODE_NAME}:10250"]
  bearer_token_file: /var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount/token
  add_metadata: true
  in_cluster: true
  labels.dedot: true
  annotations.dedot: true
  ssl.verification_mode: "none"

name: ${NODE_NAME}

- add_fields:
    target: ''
      cluster_name: ${CLUSTER_NAME}

  hosts: ["elk_host:9200"]
  template.enabled: false
  index: "metricbeat_k8s-%{+yyyy.MM.dd}"
setup.template.enabled: false
logging.metrics.enabled: false
setup.ilm.enabled: false

And I have all needed metrics on linux nodes, the problem only on windows workers

The issue solved by container rebuild

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.