LDAP/AD auth for ECE

Hi

Is there any docs regarding setting up LDAP or AD for elasticsearch cloud enterprise.

Regards
Chad

Hi,

Are you looking for this ?

Thanks Ioannis, I found that document yes just thought I would get a expert opinion as well

Do I create a plugin?

Apologies, but I'm not sure what you mean.

ECE supports LDAP for authentication. Did you go through the documentation? Is there something that is not clear or a specific step that you have issues with?

never mind that question I just didn't know how to get started...Will I be able to enable xpack security with the trail version of ece?

Regards
Chad

I just want to test LDAP/AD configuration

Hi @cwitbooi

never mind that question I just didn't know how to get started...Will I be able to enable xpack security with the trail version of ece?

Yes, the trial version is fully functional, just follow the instructions in the link @ikakavas posted, and create a thread here if you run into issues. (The main annoyance currently is that if you want to test certification you need to host the cert bundle on a web server that the ECE install can see - otherwise it's quite straightforward)

Alex

Awesome thanks Alex...I ran into some issues yesterday will recreate and post here. I kind of figured that I need to host it in a webserver seeing that it needs a URL

Thats the message I get when I try to enable security xpack

Okay I am trying to setup SAML auth in Kibana and Elastic bare in mind its Elasticsearch Cloud Enterprise (ECE), it is a SSO using keycloak

Hi,

is there a question? Do you have any specific issue that you need assistance with ?

For some reason I thought I'd responded to this, apologies

Xpack is always enabled in ECE, it won't let you turn it off hence the error message, you don't need to set it

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.