Limit Metricbeat Memory Usage

Is it possible to limit the memory that Metricbeat may use? I am seeing huge memory loads on my Windows Servers (2016, 2019 and 2022), between 2 and 3 Gb on VMs and a staggering 24Gb on a HyperV host

Stopping and starting the Elastic Agent reduces memory usage to ~150Mb, but a couple of hours later, memory usage is way up again.
I'm running Agent version 8.11.1

I have an Agent Policy with the default System integration, but I also added the WIndows Integration. But reading the documentationagain, I am thinking that these two are gathering the same information. Am I correct in thinking that and should I remove the Windows integration from the policy? Could that help reducing the memory usage?

There is a know issue related to memory leak on Metricbeat on windows, which is probably your case.

You can check the issue here.

2 Likes

Ah. Yes, that looks like it. I found some old references to similar issues on older versions on this forum, but didn't look there. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.