Limited resources usage per dashboard

I have a rather small cluster, but one of my indices takes about 55GB per day, and its life cycle goes 1 month back.
I have users trying to query that index for the entire 1 month back, but it takes too much off of my CPU power and it eventually crashes my Kibana or it slows down to a crawl.
I have 5 nodes, each one has 8 cores and 8GB of RAM.
I'd like to know if there is a way of limiting the resource usage of certain dashboards. The users who go a month back don't need immediate results, they just need to eventually see the bigger picture.
Weather its limiting the resource usage each user can have, or limiting the resource usage a dashboard can use, I'd like to find a way to limit my users/dashboards from destroying my cluster.
Any help is appreciated, and thanks for reading

Hello,

Did you consider adding a roll_up index pattern and limiting the fields the user can use?
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/data-rollups.html

Thanks,
Bhavya

Thanks, I will try that out and let you know if it works

It seems like the rollup doesnt even work, I looked it up and after understanding more about it, I tried it out for myself but the index doesnt even seem to rollup. is there maybe a bug in my version? I'm using 7.1.1 and i followed the official page exactly (even tried the api as well)

Thanks, Eyal

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.