List of Lucene jar dependencies of Java API


(Paul Bellora) #1

I'm in the process of integrating with ES and I'm installing the Java
client jar (0.90.0). I'm not using maven. As I've read elsewhere (and
learned via runtime errors), the Java client depends on various Lucene
jars. Where can I find the up-to-date list of these jar dependencies?

One of the posts on this topichttps://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/elasticsearch/java$20api$20lucene/elasticsearch/isDdx0f7XMU/WlX6GBa7DMUJlists the required jars, but it's over a year old so I wanted to find the
canonical source for this information.

Thanks,
Paul

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


(Ivan Brusic) #2

The maven pom is the best place to look:
https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/blob/master/pom.xml#L44

Using the elasticsearch client should not require any Lucene jars. If you
are developing something for elasticsearch, I would use maven.

Cheers,

Ivan

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Paul Bellora bellorap@gmail.com wrote:

I'm in the process of integrating with ES and I'm installing the Java
client jar (0.90.0). I'm not using maven. As I've read elsewhere (and
learned via runtime errors), the Java client depends on various Lucene
jars. Where can I find the up-to-date list of these jar dependencies?

One of the posts on this topichttps://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/elasticsearch/java$20api$20lucene/elasticsearch/isDdx0f7XMU/WlX6GBa7DMUJlists the required jars, but it's over a year old so I wanted to find the
canonical source for this information.

Thanks,
Paul

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


(Paul Bellora) #3

Ah, that might have been a sillier question than I realized. Thanks for
pointing me there!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say that the client
shouldn't require and Lucene jars - I've seen that stated several times
before in other discussions actually. But the fact of the matter is that
when I execute a query using explain and don't have
lucene-analyzers-common-4.3.0.jar on the classpath I get a
NoClassDefFoundError for
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer - that seems pretty
clear cut to me. Is there something I'm missing about how the client should
be set up?

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:32:44 PM UTC-4, Ivan Brusic wrote:

The maven pom is the best place to look:
https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/blob/master/pom.xml#L44

Using the elasticsearch client should not require any Lucene jars. If you
are developing something for elasticsearch, I would use maven.

Cheers,

Ivan

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Paul Bellora <bell...@gmail.com<javascript:>

wrote:

I'm in the process of integrating with ES and I'm installing the Java
client jar (0.90.0). I'm not using maven. As I've read elsewhere (and
learned via runtime errors), the Java client depends on various Lucene
jars. Where can I find the up-to-date list of these jar dependencies?

One of the posts on this topichttps://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/elasticsearch/java$20api$20lucene/elasticsearch/isDdx0f7XMU/WlX6GBa7DMUJlists the required jars, but it's over a year old so I wanted to find the
canonical source for this information.

Thanks,
Paul

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearc...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


(Ivan Brusic) #4

I did not read the link you provided, but after having done so now, I can
see how it would break when using explain (or even highlighting). I guess
the elasticsearch team never provided a fix.

StandardAnalyzer can be found in the lucene-analyzers-common jar. Looking
at its pom.xml shows that it only depends on lucene-core. Hopefully you
will only need these two jars.

--
Ivan

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Paul Bellora bellorap@gmail.com wrote:

Ah, that might have been a sillier question than I realized. Thanks for
pointing me there!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say that the client
shouldn't require and Lucene jars - I've seen that stated several times
before in other discussions actually. But the fact of the matter is that
when I execute a query using explain and don't have
lucene-analyzers-common-4.3.0.jar on the classpath I get a
NoClassDefFoundError for
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer - that seems pretty
clear cut to me. Is there something I'm missing about how the client should
be set up?

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:32:44 PM UTC-4, Ivan Brusic wrote:

The maven pom is the best place to look: https://github.com/**
elasticsearch/elasticsearch/**blob/master/pom.xml#L44https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/blob/master/pom.xml#L44

Using the elasticsearch client should not require any Lucene jars. If you
are developing something for elasticsearch, I would use maven.

Cheers,

Ivan

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Paul Bellora bell...@gmail.com wrote:

I'm in the process of integrating with ES and I'm installing the Java
client jar (0.90.0). I'm not using maven. As I've read elsewhere (and
learned via runtime errors), the Java client depends on various Lucene
jars. Where can I find the up-to-date list of these jar dependencies?

One of the posts on this topichttps://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/elasticsearch/java$20api$20lucene/elasticsearch/isDdx0f7XMU/WlX6GBa7DMUJlists the required jars, but it's over a year old so I wanted to find the
canonical source for this information.

Thanks,
Paul

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to elasticsearc...@**googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_outhttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


(Fatima Castiglione Maldonado 发) #5

After installing ElasticSearch, I got all the Lucene .jars at:

/usr/share/elasticsearch/lib/

no need to install them manually.

2013/6/13 Ivan Brusic ivan@brusic.com

I did not read the link you provided, but after having done so now, I can
see how it would break when using explain (or even highlighting). I guess
the elasticsearch team never provided a fix.

StandardAnalyzer can be found in the lucene-analyzers-common jar. Looking
at its pom.xml shows that it only depends on lucene-core. Hopefully you
will only need these two jars.

--
Ivan

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Paul Bellora bellorap@gmail.com wrote:

Ah, that might have been a sillier question than I realized. Thanks for
pointing me there!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say that the client
shouldn't require and Lucene jars - I've seen that stated several times
before in other discussions actually. But the fact of the matter is that
when I execute a query using explain and don't have
lucene-analyzers-common-4.3.0.jar on the classpath I get a
NoClassDefFoundError for
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer - that seems pretty
clear cut to me. Is there something I'm missing about how the client should
be set up?

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:32:44 PM UTC-4, Ivan Brusic wrote:

The maven pom is the best place to look: https://github.com/**
elasticsearch/elasticsearch/**blob/master/pom.xml#L44https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/blob/master/pom.xml#L44

Using the elasticsearch client should not require any Lucene jars. If
you are developing something for elasticsearch, I would use maven.

Cheers,

Ivan

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Paul Bellora bell...@gmail.com wrote:

I'm in the process of integrating with ES and I'm installing the Java
client jar (0.90.0). I'm not using maven. As I've read elsewhere (and
learned via runtime errors), the Java client depends on various Lucene
jars. Where can I find the up-to-date list of these jar dependencies?

One of the posts on this topichttps://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/elasticsearch/java$20api$20lucene/elasticsearch/isDdx0f7XMU/WlX6GBa7DMUJlists the required jars, but it's over a year old so I wanted to find the
canonical source for this information.

Thanks,
Paul

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to elasticsearc...@**googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_outhttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--

Fátima Castiglione Maldonado
castiglionemaldonado@gmail.com

                 ____
               ,'_   |

|||
<
) .------.
-----------,------.-' ,-'-.
| | | ,' . ,' | | ,'.
| ,-' |
/
,'-' .---.|
_____
.--' -----. | _____________________ -. ----- | | ___| | | \ ,- \ | | ___| |===========================((|) | | | | | | _____________________/- / |
--._ -----' | _________________,-' ----- |.-._ ,' __.---' | /
| -. | \ /. | | . ,' | | |. ,'
_____,------------------. -._ _,-' <___________________________)------'
| | |
`.
___|

=================================

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


(pellyadolfo) #6

Using the elasticsearch client should not require any Lucene jars.

This makes sense as the requirement for a Java API would be just create and
process on return REST JSON requests. But 3 questions here when accessing
ES from another Java software.

  • I am wondering if would not be cleaner having a separated jar file
    exclusive for the Java Client API (rather than importing the whole core jar
    file) in the client, so this code will not need to be mixed with the core
    ES. At the end, Java API is just a (small) client more....

  • Where in code (
    https://github.com/pellyadolfo/elasticsearch/tree/master/src/main/java/org/elasticsearch)
    is located the Java API?

  • By providing an instance of import *org.elasticsearch.client.Client *to
    the invoker Java application would be enough for the client application to
    access all features provided by the Java API? Does an instance of
    org.elasticsearch.client.Client provide all what is required (via
    setters/getters/other methods)?

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/1eb29b70-50ba-4110-be6c-ae90de28d977%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


(system) #7