- Elasticsearch version - 5.1.2
- 16GB of max heap configured
- Installed and used enterprise modules, if any - No
- JVM version and operating system version - openjdk version "1.8.0_292" , CentOS
- Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any - None
Configuration: Google Loadbalancer -> 3 Instances -> 3 data and master nodes (master and data on same instances)
Hi, my setup right now has 3 instances with both data and master on each of them.
I use Google internal load balancer "before" instance group of this instances.
Recently I have configured a NewRelic monitoring for this cluster and I have seen this picture
The interesting part is Open http connections and READ IO Operations that it shows on es-node-1.
I wonder what would be a best practice or a suggestion having this configuration and what is the best way for connecting an application to cluster? Directly to one of nodes? Using load balancer same way I use it now ? DNS with round robin ? Any other 3rd party LB solution for ES?