Log4j2 configuration file not found

Hi all I am new to elasticsearch and have to perform some basic operation using elasticsearch and when i run elasticsearch from command prompt I am getting following mentioned error.
Kindly help.

Exception in thread "main" 2018-07-26 18:20:35,145 main ERROR No log4j2 configur
    ation file found. Using default configuration: logging only errors to the consol
    e. Set system property 'log4j2.debug' to show Log4j2 internal initialization log
    ging.
    SettingsException[Failed to load settings from [elasticsearch.yml]]; nested: Par
    singException[Failed to parse object: expecting token of type [START_OBJECT] but
     found [VALUE_STRING]];
            at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings$Builder.loadFromStream(Set
    tings.java:1192)
            at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings$Builder.loadFromPath(Setti
    ngs.java:1165)
            at org.elasticsearch.node.InternalSettingsPreparer.prepareEnvironment(In
    ternalSettingsPreparer.java:100)
            at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.createEnv(EnvironmentAw
    areCommand.java:95)
            at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwar
    eCommand.java:86)
            at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:1
    24)
            at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
            at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:93)

at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:86)

Caused by: ParsingException[Failed to parse object: expecting token of type [STA
    RT_OBJECT] but found [VALUE_STRING]]
            at org.elasticsearch.common.xcontent.XContentParserUtils.ensureExpectedT
    oken(XContentParserUtils.java:78)
            at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings.fromXContent(Settings.java
    :672)
            at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings.access$500(Settings.java:8
    4)
            at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings$Builder.loadFromStream(Set
    tings.java:1188)
            ... 8 more

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.