LogLevel field in kibana

Hello,

I want to get the log level field in kibana for all the logs

For example,

2019-01-16 13:54:55,833 INFO [org.apache.cxf.wsdl.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean] (default task-29) Creating Service {http://www.GETWPWS.WBS2PRMI.com}GETWPWSService from WSDL: file:/var/acweb/properties/GtWp.wsdl
2019-01-16 13:54:55,929 ERROR [io.undertow.request] (default task-29) UT005023: Exception handling request to /agent/agentweb/tertiary_template.jsp: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletExc
eption: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No bean found under attribute key policyCorrespondenceDocumentList
at org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:286)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:687)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.ServletHandler.handleRequest(ServletHandler.java:85)
at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.FilterHandler$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterHandler.java:129)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:320)

I need to get log level as INFO, ERROR, WARN, DEBUG ... In the above I have two entries one is INFO and other is ERROR. Is there any option to get these values for log level field?
I tried using grok filter but didn't work

grok {
match => { "message" => ["%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} %{LOGLEVEL:loglevel} (?(?:[a-zA-Z0-9]+.)*[-A-Za-z0-9$]+) %{GREEDYDATA:message}"]
}
mutate {
add_field => {"loglevel" => %{LOGLEVEL:level}}
}
}Preformatted text

As displayed, that is not a valid grok pattern. If you are posting a configuration please select it in the edit pane and click on </> in the toolbar above the pane.

What are you trying to achieve using the mutate filter?

I am trying to pull the LOGLEVEL value. Can you suggest me better option?

match => { "message" => ["^%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} %{LOGLEVEL:loglevel}"]

will get you a field on the event called loglevel. But I get a feeling you actually want more than that. You still need to fix your original post.

Will loglevel will be displayed in the kibana? Like in the below image. Preformatted text

Well, it will add a field called loglevel to the event. If you ingest that into elasticsearch then if kibana queries elasticsearch the field will be there.

Hi Badger ,
I tried this and got the below error

filter {
         if "abcd" in [tags] {
         match => { "message" => ["^%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp1} %{LOGLEVEL:loglevel}"] }
         }
        }

[2019-01-16T14:57:37,361][INFO ][logstash.runner ] Starting Logstash {"logstash.version"=>"6.4.1"}
[2019-01-16T14:57:37,623][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"LogStash::ConfigurationError", :message=>"Expected one of #, { at line 68, column 8 (byte 1092) after filter {\n if "abcd" in [tags] {\n match ", :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:41:in compile_imperative'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:49:incompile_graph'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:11:in block in compile_sources'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:2486:inmap'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:10:in compile_sources'", "org/logstash/execution/AbstractPipelineExt.java:149:ininitialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:22:in initialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:90:ininitialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:38:in execute'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:309:inblock in converge_state'"]}

timestamp1 and loglevel field should be displayed like in the below image

You are missing 'grok {' and the matching }

Thanks and sorry for the wrong post

Got it but I can see for only few events, even other contains the same format

OK, so what does the message field look like on one of those events that does not have loglevel?

I did the changes only in one server not the entire cluster. Now, it works

Thanks a lot for you immediate response helped me alot :slight_smile:

(system) closed #13

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.