Logstach Netflow IPFIX decode error

Hi.
A problem of this kind is happening to me too.

When I export IPFIX flows via TCP or UDP to logstach within the same network, no problem. I can see the IPFIX flows in Elastiflow Kibana Dashboards.

When I have the IPFIX exporter on a different network than the ELK server, I can only decode IPFIX flows exported via UDP to the logstach. TCP dosen't work.

The error:

[2018-11-10T13:32:47,679][WARN ][logstash.outputs.elasticsearch] Could not index event to Elasticsearch. {:status=>400, :action=>["index", {:_id=>nil, :_index=>"elastiflow-3.3.0-2018.11.10", :_type=>"doc", :_routing=>nil}, #<LogStash::Event:0x161c6c73>], :response=>{"index"=>{"_index"=>"elastiflow-3.3.0-2018.11.10", "_type"=>"doc", "_id"=>"r1DT_WYBq-d9FyrfLfzt", "status"=>400, "error"=>{"type"=>"mapper_parsing_exception", "reason"=>"failed to parse [node.ipaddr]", "caused_by"=>{"type"=>"illegal_argument_exception", "reason"=>"'_gateway' is not an IP string literal."}}}}}

It seems that there is some modification in the IP address field and it is replaced by a DNS name associated with it.

Can someone help.
Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.