Logstash 2.1 - Listener Died

Hi,
I'm seeing the following in the log for a new logstash instance I've created:

{:timestamp=>"2015-11-26T15:15:05.769000+0000", :message=>"UDP listener died", :exception=>#<IOError: closed stream>, :backtrace=>["org/jruby/RubyIO.java:3682:in select'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-udp-2.0.3/lib/logstash/inputs/udp.rb:77:inudp_listener'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-udp-2.0.3/lib/logstash/inputs/udp.rb:50:in run'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.1.0-java/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:205:ininputworker'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.1.0-java/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:198:in `start_input'"], :level=>:warn}

UDP config looks like this:

input {
udp {
type => "udp-json"
port => 1516
codec => "json_lines"
tags => ["json"]
}
}

Regards,
David

After turning on verbose logging relating to something else I relaised this output is generated from the service going down. Perhaps something needs to be logged explicitly stating the service is down?

Which service are you referring to here?

I'm referring to logstash itself.

It should mention if it stops, but perhaps the service is running but UDP isn't listening?

I'm using UDP input as well, ImHO this just states that the UDP listener has stopped, which will be the case anytime log stash halts whether intentionally or not. My logstash instance seems to die from time to time due to memory exhaustion, assuming memory leaking over time causing this. But that's another story, so what you see here is just a consequence of logstash stopping/dying, not a RC.