Udp listener died warning in logstash udp input plugin

HI all,
i am getting logs from the syslog server. i have used logstash udp input plugin to get logs via the network. my logstash configuration is this

input{
udp{
port => 5000
type=> syslog
}
}

i am using logstash2.2.4 version on the ubuntu 14.06 system

and i am having this warning
{:timestamp=>"2015-05-09T21:17:44.676000+0000", :message=>"UDP listener died", :exception=>#<SocketError: recvfrom: name or service not known>, :backtrace=>["/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-udp-0.1.3/lib/logstash/inputs/udp.rb:79:in udp_listener'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-udp-0.1.3/lib/logstash/inputs/udp.rb:49:inrun'", "/opt/logstash/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:174:in inputworker'", "/opt/logstash/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:168:instart_input'"], :level=>:warn}

Your log message appears to have been mangled, leaving out the interesting part after "exception=>". Please edit your post, paste the log message again, and make sure you format all of it as preformatted text (e.g. using the designated toolbar button).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.