Logstash 5.6.2 aborts with “warning: ignoring JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx1024m; pass JVM parameters via LS_JAVA_OPTS”

I just downloaded latest versions of ELK 5.6.2 to upgrade so that I can use X-pack 5.6.2. Elasticsearch and kibana started with no issues but Logstash is aborting with the below message. "warning: ignoring JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx1024m; pass JVM parameters via LS_JAVA_OPTS" I tried adding set LS_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m" in setup.bat and also -DLS_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m" in jvm.options file. Both doesn't seem to work . I don't see any log file being generated too. What am I doing wrong?

The command is \bin\logstatsh.bat -f logstash_config.json I get same warning even when I check the the config with --config.test_and_exit and no logs. I am sure the config file is good as the same file works with logstash-5.5.1

That's just a warning so if Logstash doesn't fire up it's probably because of something else.

The command is \bin\logstatsh.bat -f logstash_config.json

That's not really a JSON file, is it? Naming it logstash_config.json doesn't strike me as a good idea, especially not as Logstash 6.0 (I believe) ignores pipeline config files whose name doesn't match *.conf.

I agree. I will change it. But why is logstatsh aborting without even printing logs? Is there much difference between 5.5.1 and 5.6.2 on how logstash starts up? 5.5.1 starts fine with the exact same config file. I don't even see a log file being generated

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.