Logstash 6.2.1 , jdk9 - Unsupported platform: x86_64-windows

confirmed tat 6.2.1 works with oracle j9 but i m getting unsupported platform-

thxs for any help.

https://www.elastic.co/support/matrix#matrix_jvm

C:\Kibana_ElasticSearch\logstash-6.2.1>bin/logstash -f my_logstash-simple.conf
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseParNewGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.jruby.util.io.FilenoUtil (file:/C:/Kibana_ElasticSearch/logstash-6.2.1/logstash-core/lib/jars/jruby-complete-9.1.13.0.jar) to method sun.nio.ch.SelChImpl.getFD()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.jruby.util.io.FilenoUtil
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
[ERROR] 2018-02-16 15:42:26.496 [main] Logstash - java.lang.IllegalStateException: org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: (LoadError) Unsupported platform: x86_64-windows

C:\Kibana_ElasticSearch\logstash-6.2.1>dir "\Program Files\Java"
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is C87D-3E4B

Directory of C:\Program Files\Java
16/02/2018 11:57 jdk-9.0.4
16/02/2018 11:56 jre-9.0.4

According to the support matrix, Elasticsearch 6.2 supports Java9, but Logstash does not.

my bad !

sry ....

tho you would think that all versions ld have the same java support ....

I'm also attempting to import MS-SQL data into Elasticsearch on a Windows platform and got the same error as jmota. Can you tell us any way to work around this problem? I've looked for a JDK for Windows that Logstash is compatible with but haven't been successful (but I may have just missed something).

I'll be grateful for any guidance you can give.

I've looked for a JDK for Windows that Logstash is compatible with but haven't been successful (but I may have just missed something).

Googling "download java 8 windows" leads me to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html so I'm not sure what problems you've been having.

So Java 8 is the same as "Oracle JVM 1.8u60+"? That wasn't clear to me and explains why I didn't find anything when I searched.

Thanks.

So Java 8 is the same as "Oracle JVM 1.8u60+"?

Yes, Java 8 is sometimes referred to as 1.8.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.