Unsupported platform: x86_64-linux

Hello, I followed the guide https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/6.2/installing-logstash.html
I used "yum" because I have a CentOs 6.9. I configured and started logstash but nothing is coming. I checked out the logs and then I realized the file was full of this:

Any Ideas .. ?

Regards.

I forgot to say, I installed logstash on the same OS but different server and it worked, I used the same procedure to do it twice, so I don't know what I may did wrong

Hello again, I installed Logstash using curl, I dezipped the tar, launched logstash with the "test and exit"
and I still have this:

[elasticuser@SRV-CENTREON1 logstash-6.2.2]$ ./bin/logstash --config.test_and_exit
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseParNewGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.jruby.util.io.FilenoUtil (file:/home/elasticuser/logstash-6.2.2/logstash-core/lib/jars/jruby-complete-9.1.13.0.jar) to method sun.nio.ch.SelChImpl.getFD()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.jruby.util.io.FilenoUtil
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Sending Logstash's logs to /home/elasticuser/logstash-6.2.2/logs which is now configured via log4j2.properties
[2018-02-26T14:16:05,844][INFO ][logstash.modules.scaffold] Initializing module {:module_name=>"netflow", :directory=>"/home/elasticuser/logstash-6.2.2/modules/netflow/configuration"}
[2018-02-26T14:16:05,850][INFO ][logstash.modules.scaffold] Initializing module {:module_name=>"fb_apache", :directory=>"/home/elasticuser/logstash-6.2.2/modules/fb_apache/configuration"}
[2018-02-26T14:16:06,032][ERROR][org.logstash.Logstash    ] java.lang.IllegalStateException: org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: (LoadError) Unsupported platform: x86_64-linux

Ok so:

For all users wanting to install Logstash, you can't install it if you have java 9 installed. You need java 8, even if the docs says Java X or higher

1 Like

Thanks for letting know what the outcome was, facing the same issue here...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.