Logstash 6.x / Elasticsearch 6.x error

I recently upgraded logstash, kibana and elasticsearch to the newest version. I read the breaking changes and looked at the 'configuring logstash 6' link. I see that Elasticsearch now requires headers to be sent but I do not see how to set this in my logstash output file.

The first issue I have is I'm getting this error..

:message=>"Attempted to send a bulk request to Elasticsearch configured at '["http://localhost:9200"]', but an error occurred and it failed! Are you sure you can reach elasticsearch from this machine using the configuration provided?", :error_message=>"[406] {"error":"Content-Type header [text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1] is not supported","status":406}", :error_class=>"Elasticsearch::Transport::Transport::Errors::NotAcceptable",

my output file looks like

input { stdin { } }
output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
document_type => doc
}
stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

The second question is normally I would install a logstash-all-plugin deb package but I'm unable to find one for logstash 6. I currently have this installed

logstash-all-plugins 1:2.4.0-1

When I try to do a bin/logstash-plugin update to update all the plugins I get ..

Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 1/10
An error occurred while installing rake (12.3.0), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that gem install rake -v '12.3.0' succeeds before bundling.
WARNING: SSLSocket#session= is not supported

when I do rake -V I get

rake, version 12.3.0

Thanks much.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.