Logstash 7.2.0 in Windows returns java.lang.IllegalStateException (GemspecError) error

I installed logstash 7.2.0 on windows server, by copying .zip file and extracting binaries. When I run the following simple test as suggested in one of the documentation, I see the following.

C:\monitoring\logstash-7.2.0\logstash-7.2.0\bin>logstash -e 'input { stdin { } } output { stdout {} }'
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.jruby.runtime.encoding.EncodingService (file:/C:/monitoring/logstash-7.2.0/logstash-7.2.0/logstash-core/lib/jars/jruby-complete-9.2.7.0.jar) to field java.io.Console.cs
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.jruby.runtime.encoding.EncodingService
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54: warning: It seems your ruby installation is missing psych (for YAML output).
To eliminate this warning, please install libyaml and reinstall your ruby.
[ERROR] 2019-06-29 14:12:32.399 [main] Logstash - java.lang.IllegalStateException: Logstash stopped processing because of an error: (GemspecError)
[!] There was an error while loading logstash-core-plugin-api.gemspec: load error: psych -- java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.yaml.snakeyaml.error.Mark.(Ljava/lang/String;III[II)V
Does it try to require a relative path? That's been removed in Ruby 1.9. Bundler cannot continue.

I have the following Java version installed:
C:\monitoring\logstash-7.2.0\logstash-7.2.0\bin>java -version
openjdk version "12.0.1" 2019-04-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 12.0.1+12)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK (build 12.0.1+12, mixed mode, sharing)

1. Logstash is untested on Java 12; we test on Java 11 and Java 1.8 (both LTS releases).
  2. Can you add --log.level debug to your command line? Doing so typically adds more context to failures.
  3. Did you get your Logstash from the official elastic.co website, or was it bootstrapped/packaged from sources/github?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.