Logstash 7.2 monitoring uses deprecated config and unsafe options

Hi!

I've set up an ES cluster (all parts are 7.2.x) and without any custom configuration I'm already getting errors from the built-in monitoring process:

[WARN ][logstash.outputs.elasticsearch] You are using a deprecated config setting "document_type" set in elasticsearch. Deprecated settings will continue to work, but are scheduled for removal from logstash in the future. Document types are being deprecated in Elasticsearch 6.0, and removed entirely in 7.0. You should avoid this feature If you have any questions about this, please visit the logstash channel on freenode irc. {:name=>"document_type", :plugin=><LogStash::Outputs::Elasticsearch bulk_path=>"/_monitoring/bulk?system_id=logstash&system_api_version=7&interval=1s", ssl_certificate_verification=>false, password=>, hosts=>..

and

[WARN ][logstash.outputs.elasticsearch] ** WARNING ** Detected UNSAFE options in elasticsearch output configuration!
** WARNING ** You have enabled encryption but DISABLED certificate verification.
** WARNING ** To make sure your data is secure change :ssl_certificate_verification to true

How can I solve these? I don't want to meddle with core files 'cause it can cause issues later. Somewhere I read that this will be solved after 7+, but here it is :frowning:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.