Logstash & Beat :index_not_found_exception

Hello,

I am following theLogstash tutorial . This Command
curl -XGET 'localhost:9200/logstash-2018.06.24/_search?q=response=200'
returns the following error, instead of the data shown in the tutorial:
{ "error" : { "root_cause" : [ { "type" : "index_not_found_exception", "reason" : "no such index", "resource.type" : "index_or_alias", "resource.id" : "logstash-2018.06.24", "index_uuid" : "_na_", "index" : "logstash-2018.06.24" } ], "type" : "index_not_found_exception", "reason" : "no such index", "resource.type" : "index_or_alias", "resource.id" : "logstash-2018.06.24", "index_uuid" : "_na_", "index" : "logstash-2018.06.24" }, "status" : 404
Elasticsearch is running correctly on the (localhost). This is the content of logstash.conf as indicated by the tutorial:
input {
beats {
port => "5044"
}
}

filter {
grok {
match => { "message" => "%{COMBINEDAPACHELOG}"}
}
geoip {
source => "clientip"
}
}

output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => [ "localhost:9200" ]
}
}

and the Logstash process is run, as indicated, as
bin/logstash -f logstash.conf --config.test_and_exit

What is the reason for this error?

I think you will need to elaborate a bit more on your issue if anyone is going to be able to help you...

i did it

If you specify this you actually do not process any data. This is meant as a first step to verify that your config is OK. If it passes, you need to remove it to process data.

You can also look at this introduction to Logstash.

hello Christian,
yes i know i do that to test my logstash.config configuration and i get : ## expected result ....Conifg Validation resulat: OK.Exiting Logstash.After that i do this Command : --config.reload.automatic to restart my logstash.conf.
But i get this same issue !?

What happens if you start Logstash like this: bin/logstash -f logstash.conf

So due to the logstash-toturial the command (--config.test_and_exit) is for test the new configuration and the second command (--config.reload.automatic) is for starting logstash and automatic reloading after any change in logstash.conf. (BOTH COMMANDOS WORK GOOD)
So when I set my logstash output to (stdout {codec => rubydebug}), on the console I get the parsed log events quite clearly. The question is if i configure my logstash output to elasticSearch it should theoretically store my log event in elasticSearch, for that i need an index, due to logstash toturial guid i need to run this command (curl -XGET 'localhost: 9200 / logstash-2018.06. 24 / _search? Pretty & q = response = 200 '), at this point I get the issuie. how can I even save my new parsed log events in elasticsearch and browse & visiualize those in kibana

Your data may not end up in that particular daily index, so instead do: curl -XGET 'localhost:9200/logstash-*/_search?pretty&q=response=200'. This will query all Logstash indices.

You can also run curl -XGET localhost:9200/_cat/indices to verify that indices have been created.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.