Logstash cannot find mongodb output plugin

output {

mongodb {

uri =>  "url"
	collection => "test"
   	 	database => "test"}

Above is my logstash conf file. I have also installed the mongo output plugin and confirmed it is installed.

Edit, so the plugin is showing when im in the bin folder but in logstash folder it is not showing up. Is there separate places, the plugins are installed to depending on where you run the installation?

When I run the conf file I am seeing the following error saying it cannot locate this mongodb plugin.

:reason=>"Couldn't find any output plugin named 'mongodb'. 
Are you sure this is correct? 
Trying to load the mongodb output plugin resulted in this error: Problems loading the requested plugin named mongodb of type output. Error: NameError NameError"}

What version are you on, what version of the plugin did you install

Using Logstash-5.1.1 pulling the latest logstash-output-mongodb 2.0.5

Based on the last commit here - https://github.com/logstash-plugins/logstash-output-mongodb - I'd say it's not compatible at this point.

Do I need to use a older version of logstash then?

Yep, probably 2.4.

I see that probably is the issue. Just for reference which part of that github did you see that indicated it's not compatible with the latest version of logstash?

There's nothing that says it definitively, I am just basing that on the fact that the last commit was well before 5.0 came out.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.