Logstash cant push to elasticsearch if cluster is yellow

Hi all,

We have one Redis-Logstash-Elasticsearch installation and when elasticsearch is yellow (for example while its doing colocation/re-sharding after one node restart), then Logstash cant push to Elasticsearh.

Is this normal? Or is something missing in our config?

Elasticsearch Version: 6.5.4
Logstash Version: 6.5.4-1.noarch

Regards,
Christian

Do you get any errors in your log? Or maybe on the elasticsearch side?

Hi pjanzen,
I get in logstash some errors like this:
[ERROR][logstash.outputs.elasticsearch] Attempted to send a bulk request to elasticsearch, but no there are no living connections in the connection pool. Perhaps Elasticsearch is unreachable or down? {:error_message=>"No Available connections", :class=>"LogStash::Outputs::ElasticSearch::HttpClient::Pool::NoConnectionAvailableError", :will_retry_in_seconds=>4}

Logstash connect to one "ingest Node" of Elasticsearch (so any Data Node), and I dont get any error from the side of these two "Ingest Nodes"

Along the time that is Elasticsearch in Yellow status (doin Sharing), logstash has a lot of problems with the elasticsearch connection,,, is "normal"? or I have a problem with logstash performance or Elastic Konfiguration?

I would say you have a problem with elasticsearch. Logstash tries to connect and cannot do so.

Have a look at the elasticsearch logs and see if that points you to a problem.

ok, many Thanks for your Tipp!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.