Logstash container stuck in a restart loop

Hi,

My new logstash docker container is stuck in a restart loop .

Error in logs -

Does it try to require a relative path? That's been removed in Ruby 1.9.
        uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:59:in `require':
        It seems your ruby installation is missing psych (for YAML output).
        To eliminate this warning, please install libyaml and reinstall your ruby.
        [ERROR] 2021-04-27 09:21:00.555 [main] Logstash - java.lang.IllegalStateException: Logstash stopped processing because of an error: (GemspecError) There was a LoadError while loading logstash-core.gemspec:
        load error: psych -- java.lang.RuntimeException: BUG: we can not copy embedded jar to temp directory from
          /usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/logstash-core.gemspec:1:in `block in (root)'

Does it try to require a relative path? That's been removed in Ruby 1.9.

I tried what was suggested in the below discussions and checked the /tmp permissions(PFB)

Logstash6.5: It seems your ruby installation is missing psych - Elastic Stack / Logstash - Discuss the Elastic Stack
Logstash起動時のエラー - Elastic In Your Native Tongue / 日本語による質問・議論はこちら - Discuss the Elastic Stack

drwxrwxrwt. 14 root root 360 Apr 27 13:09 tmp
ruby -v
ruby 2.0.0p648 (2015-12-16) [x86_64-linux]

I'm trying to run the container with a non privilege user , should that be an issue ? Cause it worked when I ran it as a root user . However with the current permissions it should work for all users. It'd be really helpful if someone could help me

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.