Unabale to star logstash as a service

Hello,
My Environement includes:

Logstash version: 6.2.4

Operating System : RedHat Entreprise Linux Server release 6.6.

I install Logstash form rpm file but while starting the deamon, I get the following error:

Does it try to require a relative path? That's been removed in Ruby 1.9.
[ERROR] 2018-06-11 14:21:19.233 [main] Logstash - java.lang.IllegalStateException: org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: (GemspecError) There was a LoadError while loading logstash-core.gemspec:
load error: psych -- java.lang.RuntimeException: BUG: we can not copy embedded jar to temp directory from
/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/logstash-core.gemspec:1:in `block in (root)'

Any help please ?

Regards,
Béchir

I found the cause. It's because the /tmp direcoty is full. While logstash is starting, it copies some files to the /tmp directory. If there i no space, logstash creates the above error.

Many thanks,

Hi,

I seem to run into above problem as well, though on a RHEL 7 host, post upgrading logstash from 6.1.1 to 6.3.0 .

I can confirm that in my case /tmp is not full.

Also a thing to note: when su to LS_USER and running logstash manually, everythin seems to work. Only difference beeing (as reported by a warning in the logstash log): pipeline.yml is not loaded/used (which is normal))

Anyone having any idea what to look after next ?

kind regards,

Arne

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.