end_tag => "connection_delete"
      unique_id_field => "conn_fingerprint"
      add_field => {
          "connection_duration" => "%{elapsed_time}"
      }
    }
  }
}

But, checking results, I see that elapsed plugin is not working correctly - for every "end event" (events with tag connection_delete) I get tag elapsed_end_without_start. (edit: of course, I imply "start events" are present, i.e. are present and are parsed correctly the same way as "end events", and "start event" 's timestamps are earlies than "end events". unique_id_field value is also equal for related start and end events).

I've experimented around a bit (my pipeline.workers was already 1 since I use aggregate plugin; also tried to set pipeline.batch.size to 1 - no difference), but haven't reach any progress.

My main question is: can I use elapsed plugin like that? (when it's configuration is defined in two different branches of logstash config)
Or, maybe, it is strongly required that elapsed configuration is mentioned only once?

No, you cannot. The filter stores state in an instance variable, so the instance in one branch will know nothing about what the instance in the other branch has seen.

Thanks, experimented around and can confirm that "elapsed" works fine if I use it in one branch only.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.