Logstash Filter Verifier does not think that my Windows Logstash batch file is executable

Hi all, @magnusbaeck,

I hope you can help me with this mystery. I downloaded LFV 1.5.0 and LS 6.6.0 and ran the following on Windows 7 (64 bit):

C:\apps\ELK\logstash-filter-verifier_1.5.0_windows_386>logstash-filter-verifier.exe --loglevel DEBUG --logstash-path=C:\apps\ELK\logstash\bin\logstash.bat test_syslog.json filters
2019/03/04 19:52:49 Reading test case file: test_syslog.json (C:\apps\ELK\logstash-filter-verifier_1.5.0_windows_386\test_syslog.json)
2019/03/04 19:52:49 Logstash path candidate not an executable regular file: C:\apps\ELK\logstash\bin\logstash.bat
2019/03/04 19:52:49 Logstash path candidate rejected: GetFileAttributesEx /opt/logstash/bin/logstash: The system cannot find the path specified.
2019/03/04 19:52:49 Logstash path candidate rejected: GetFileAttributesEx /usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash: The system cannot find the path specified.
Error locating Logstash: no existing executable found among candidates: C:\apps\ELK\logstash\bin\logstash.bat, /opt/logstash/bin/logstash, /usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash

For some reason, LFV does not accept the LS batch file as being executable. I tried exactly the same command on Linux and it worked just fine.
LFV can clearly find the batch file, as changing the logstash-path argument to something invalid results in a log message saying "The system cannot find the path specified".
I have also tried running the command prompt as admin, I tried both the 386 and x64 binaries, I tried LS in different locations on my drive and I tried different versions of LS, freshly extracted.

Is there anything else I can do apart from --loglevel DEBUG to show why exactly LFV isn't happy?

Thanks,
Dom

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.