Hello.
Trying to populate simple elastic cluster from demo using windows
Your logstash windows implementation seems broken completely
file {
path => "/var/log/apache2/access.log"
start_position => "beginning"
sincedb_path => "nul"
}
I see no events, errors or smt. Please tell is it working for windows or i shouldn't waste a time in it?

Can you verify your file path?

Typically on windows you use something like the below.

path => ["C:/ELK/LogSamples/00605828/clientA.log"]

When you start Logstash are you getting any warnings or errors you could show us to help troubleshoot the problem?

Logstash works on windows, but your configuration is wrong.

The path /var/log/apache2/access.log is a Unix/Linux path, this does not exists on windows, so there is no log for your logstash to collect.

You need to fix your path and point it to a file in that exists your windows machine, which is the file that you want to ingest and where it is located?

Thanks for response.
Sorry, i copied this configuration just for example - on windows i have different path of course, but start_position, filter and output settings are the same.
But i downgraded to 6.2.4 from 7.10.2 and everything is working with the same config with no changes !
I double checked broken 7.10.2 and found some exception:
logstash.instrument.periodicpoller.cgroup One or more required cgroup files or directories not found: /proc/self/cgroup, /ssys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct, /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu
Executed 6.2.4 - and again it's working - i see data in index, 7.10.2 do nothing.

Are you able to post your input block that isn't working in 7.10.2?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.