How did you install Logstash?

I installed it from rpm file in Centos.
I found the folder logstash 5.3.2 and I create the file logstash.conf

input { stdin { } }
output {
elasticsearch { hosts => ["localhost:9200"] }
stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

the input works even I can read data from a cvs file and the output stdout { codec => rubydebug } works as well

but output elasticsearch { hosts => ["localhost:9200"] } doesn't work ?? doesn't send data to elasticsearch
my elasticsearch is installed in a docker container and kibana in an other container, they are well conected to each other using a docker network, in ports 9200 , 5601
I can't reach them from Logstash, wich is installed in the host machine Centos how can I manage this mess ?? please help !!!

But if you're running ES in a container, is it really accessible via localhost:9200? With the default network mode of containers I'd assume you'd have to use its IP address.

I didn't use any IP address, I used directly localhost:9200 and I got this result

and for Kibana I've create a docker network and I did connect both containers ES and Kibana together

but if you see that I've to use the IP address, can you please tell me how can I use it ?

but if you see that I've to use the IP address, can you please tell me how can I use it ?

Use the ES container's IP address instead of the localhost address. You can use the docker inspect command to locate the container's IP address.

You mean I've to replace localhost by the IP address ?? in the output like this

output { elasticsearch { host => ["IP@:9200"] } stdout { codec => rubydebug } }

but I tried the command docker inspect I found three deffernts IP@ i've tried the three of them but it doesn't work ??? I tried to reach ES fist from firefox IP@:9200 but it doesn,'t work

In this case the container's IP address is 172.17.0.2. Does curl 172.17.0.2:9200 work?

no it doesn't work!!! this is what i got !!! Error

the @IP doesn't work
but finally I got the connexion between Logstash, ES and Kibana
it was cause of X-pack, securety assue
I followed this link and it works :slight_smile:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/x-pack/current/logstash.html

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.