(Taloub) #3

I installed it from rpm file in Centos.
I found the folder logstash 5.3.2 and I create the file logstash.conf

input { stdin { } }
output {
elasticsearch { hosts => ["localhost:9200"] }
stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

the input works even I can read data from a cvs file and the output stdout { codec => rubydebug } works as well

but output elasticsearch { hosts => ["localhost:9200"] } doesn't work ?? doesn't send data to elasticsearch
my elasticsearch is installed in a docker container and kibana in an other container, they are well conected to each other using a docker network, in ports 9200 , 5601
I can't reach them from Logstash, wich is installed in the host machine Centos how can I manage this mess ?? please help !!!

(Magnus Bäck) #4

But if you're running ES in a container, is it really accessible via localhost:9200? With the default network mode of containers I'd assume you'd have to use its IP address.

(Taloub) #5

I didn't use any IP address, I used directly localhost:9200 and I got this result

and for Kibana I've create a docker network and I did connect both containers ES and Kibana together

but if you see that I've to use the IP address, can you please tell me how can I use it ?

(Magnus Bäck) #6

but if you see that I've to use the IP address, can you please tell me how can I use it ?

Use the ES container's IP address instead of the localhost address. You can use the docker inspect command to locate the container's IP address.

(Taloub) #7

You mean I've to replace localhost by the IP address ?? in the output like this

output { elasticsearch { host => ["IP@:9200"] } stdout { codec => rubydebug } }

but I tried the command docker inspect I found three deffernts IP@ i've tried the three of them but it doesn't work ??? I tried to reach ES fist from firefox IP@:9200 but it doesn,'t work

(Magnus Bäck) #8

In this case the container's IP address is 172.17.0.2. Does curl 172.17.0.2:9200 work?

(Taloub) #9

no it doesn't work!!! this is what i got !!! Error

(Taloub) #10

the @IP doesn't work
but finally I got the connexion between Logstash, ES and Kibana
it was cause of X-pack, securety assue
I followed this link and it works :slight_smile:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/x-pack/current/logstash.html

(system) #11

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.