Logstash gzip_lines , tail latest written file to text file

Hi,

I am using logstash 5.5. I am using gzip_lines plugin to parse the archived files. As , this plugin expects a text file having archived file with absolute path line by line. If this text file is static , i.e. if I write path for all the archived files in it and run logstash it works fine.

BUT , when I write this text file at the run time every minute with the new path of archived file, logstash does not process the latest file being written in the .txt file. I tried with start_position="end" but that did not help. If I use start_position="beginning", it re-process all the files written in the txt file and that I don't want.

I just want to process latest file being written in the txt file. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks,

You mean you're updating the gzipped log file while Logstash is running? Why? I wouldn't expect that to work.

Hi Magnus,

I have these .csv.gz files coming every minute. I need to analyze them using Kibana. As per my understanding and the information I found in different forums, if we want to use gzip_lines plugin, we need to have a .txt file with the path of .gz files in it . That's why , I was trying to update the .txt file every minute with the path of the received .gz file.
However; another way of solving my problem can be by extracting the received .gz files in some location and then parse it using logstash/Kibana.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.