Logstash-IBM DB2-Reporting

Hi

We got a usecase for message queue reporting requirements. Out application systems use IBM MQ for messaging services and data is stored in IBM DB2 database. We need to generate reports out of DB2 database eg. 4. Weekly Queue Statistics Report, Monthly Queue report etc.

Is it possible to connect from logstash to IBM DB2 database to accomplish our requirements?

Will it make sense to let logstash directly talk to IBM MQ to generate reports?

Please provide your comments.

Thanks.

Can you use JDBC with DB2?

Hi Mark

Thanks for the input. I see some threads referring some issues in connecting to DB2 from logstash. Do you have any pointers for the logstash talking to DB2 and push to Elastic search. Finally reports are generated and viewed through Kibana.

Regards
Senthil

Hi Mark

Thanks for the input. I see some threads referring some issues in connecting to DB2 from logstash. Do you have any pointers / references for the logstash talking to DB2 and push to Elastic search. Finally reports are generated and viewed through Kibana.

Regards
Senthil

I see some threads referring some issues in connecting to DB2 from logstash. Do you have any pointers / references for the logstash talking to DB2 and push to Elastic search.

I'd expect the jdbc input to work just fine for this.

Finally reports are generated and viewed through Kibana.

Yes.

Thanks Magnus for the clarification.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.