Logstash insufficient memory for java runtime env

Hi ELK Users,

I am wondering if anyone has come across this issue when running logstash

PS C:\Program Files\ELK\logstash-7.13.1\bin> .\logstash.bat -f C:\Program Files\ELK\logstash-7.13.1\config\logstash-test-std.conf
Using JAVA_HOME defined java: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-14.0.1
WARNING, using JAVA_HOME while Logstash distribution comes with a bundled JDK
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO: os::commit_memory(0x00000000c0000000, 1073741824, 0) failed; error='The paging file is too small for this operation to complete' (DOS error/errno=1455)
#
# There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
# Native memory allocation (mmap) failed to map 1073741824 bytes for Failed to commit area from 0x00000000c0000000 to 0x0000000100000000 of length 1073741824.
# An error report file with more information is saved as:

I haven't worked with Java before. Was wondering is someone has some suggestions for me to work around this issue.

Thanks

The JVM is trying to allocate 1 GB of memory and the OS is saying it cannot do that. Increasing the size of the page file might help.

I am on a VM.

Increased the size of it.

Is running fine now.

Thanks for the help :smiley:

Hi,

Just wondering how to increase the size of the page file.
Is it one of the options on the logstash.yml

No, it is nothing to do with logstash. It is a Windows operating system feature. You can read more here.

The size of the page file limits the amount of memory that can be allocated in ways I am not inclined to expound upon here.

ok got you.
Will look this up.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.