Logstash isn't starting

Hello all,

Pretty new to logstash but I fhave finally gotten my config to check out as ok with no issues or errors. Problem now is that logstash will not start. Below you will see that I check the config and then start it but when I look at the status it says it is not running and when I use grep to find the process it is not there. Any and all help is appreciated as to why logstash says it is starting but doesn't.

corp-netlog-live01:/etc/logstash/conf.d # /data/logstash/bin/logstash -f /etc/logstash/conf.d/logstash.conf -t
Configuration OK
corp-netlog-live01:/etc/logstash/conf.d # service logstash start
logstash started.
corp-netlog-live01:/etc/logstash/conf.d # service logstash status
logstash is not running
corp-netlog-live01:/etc/logstash/conf.d # ps -ef | grep logstash
root 110572 109202 0 15:02 pts/5 00:00:00 grep logstash
corp-netlog-live01:/etc/logstash/conf.d # ps -ef | grep -i logstash
root 110576 109202 0 15:05 pts/5 00:00:00 grep -i logstash

What can you see in the files in /var/log/logstash?

Interesting informaiton

sh: line 3: /opt/logstash/bin/logstash: No such file or directory
sh: line 3: exec: /opt/logstash/bin/logstash: cannot execute: No such file or directory

Not sure why it doesn't thing something is not there. I will need to fix that on the logstash script I guess or create it.

How did you install LS?

I changed the directory where it starts and logs, I have fixed that int he init.d script and it is up and running now. Thanks for your quick response.

corp-netlog-live01:/var/log/logstash # ps -ef | grep -i logstash
logstash 110695 1 99 15:19 pts/5 00:00:08 /usr/bin/java -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75 -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/lib/logstash -Xmx1g -Xss2048k -Djffi.boot.library.path=/data/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib/jni -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75 -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/lib/logstash -XX:HeapDumpPath=/data/logstash/heapdump.hprof -Xbootclasspath/a:/data/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib/jruby.jar -classpath : -Djruby.home=/data/logstash/vendor/jruby -Djruby.lib=/data/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib -Djruby.script=jruby -Djruby.shell=/bin/sh org.jruby.Main --1.9 /data/logstash/lib/bootstrap/environment.rb logstash/runner.rb agent -f /etc/logstash/conf.d -l /var/log/logstash/logstash.log
root 110752 109202 0 15:19 pts/5 00:00:00 grep -i logstash