Logstash jdbc input keep sql field ordering in place

hey team,

I have the following logstash config file,

jdbc {
jdbc_driver_library => "C:\Program Files\sqljdbc_6.2\enu\mssql-jdbc-6.2.2.jre8.jar"
jdbc_driver_class => "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"
jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:sqlserver://xxxxxx.xxxxx..xx\Strongmail:1433"
jdbc_user => "xxx"
jdbc_password => "xxxxxxxxxx"
sql_log_level => "debug"
lowercase_column_names => "false"
schedule => "*/1 * * * *"
use_column_value => true
tracking_column => recordId
last_run_metadata_path => "logstash_jdbc_last_run_SM_SUCCESS_LOG"
statement => "exec strongmail.dbo.CRM_EMAIL_DELIVERY_LOGS_GET :sql_last_value, null"
}
}

output {
stdout { codec => json }

#file {
            #             path => "f:/logstash_output_logs/test1.log"
            #}

#stdout {codec => rubydebug}

}

put When the sql output get printed to standard output the ordering of the sql statement changes, how do we we the output of the jdbc input to the same as the ordering in the actual stored proc in SQl server. Basically we want the timestamp to the be the first field.

thanks

Fields in Logstash events are not ordered. If there's a JSON serializing Ruby gem that allows you to customize the order it serializes fields you could fork and adjust the json codec to use that gem.

thanks magnus,

what is exactly undoing the order, is it the jdbc plugin or the output plugin?

thanks

is there any way for me to get the timestamp field from sql to be the first field in the output?

thanks

what is exactly undoing the order, is it the jdbc plugin or the output plugin?

It's Logstash's internal representation of an event that doesn't maintain field ordering.

is there any way for me to get the timestamp field from sql to be the first field in the output?

As I said: If there's a JSON serializing Ruby gem that allows you to customize the order it serializes fields you could fork and adjust the json codec to use that gem.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.