Logstash multiple ruby filter

I'm bringing table A and B from postgres. I want to apply the ruby filter in different forms. How should I set it up?

input {
     jdbc { tags => table A }
     jdbc { tags => table B }
}

filter {
    ruby {
     code=> "require 'json'
"
   }

This ruby filter only says'event'. How does the ruby filter know this? Is it a filter on table A or a filter on table B?
}

you can apply different tags for different input, then use conditionals in your filter

@ptamba hello. as you can see, I already applied tags in each inputs. What I asked is how to apply the filter to each tag, so if you know about this, please explain it with code. thank you

input { 
   jdbc { 
    #jdbc settings for tableA
     tags => ["tableA"] 
  }
  jdbc 
  #jdbc setting for tableB
 {
    tags => ["tableB"]
 }
}

filter { 
  if "tableA" in [tags] {
   ruby { 
    #ruby codes for A here 
   }
 }
 else if "tableB" in [tags] {
   ruby {
   # ruby codes for tableB here 
  }
}

more in the docs about conditionals

Thanks. It helped a lot. When I only looked at the document, I wasn't really sure if I could use the filter under these conditions.

May I ask you one more? I want to clone "tableA" based on your example and divide it into "tableA-1" and "tableA-2", and output three tablesB to the index of elasticsearch respectively. TableA already has a type, is it possible to clone it and give it another type? I have to divide as "tableA-1", "tableA-2", "tableB"

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.