Logstash netflow and beats input

(h_foxit) #1

hi, I want to configure logstash to read from both beats and netflow input .. but what i get is only the beats input that works .. I did check that my router is sending logs on port 555.
any idea why
input {
udp {
port => 555
codec => netflow {
versions => [5,9]
}
type => netflow
}

beats {
port => 5044
host => "0.0.0.0"
ssl => true
ssl_certificate => "/etc/logstash/logstash.crt"
ssl_key => "/etc/logstash/logstash.key"
}

}

(Paris Mermigkas) #2

Ports below 1024 are the so-called privileged ports, meaning you need to run Logstash under a user with sudo access to have sufficient rights to listen on that port.

You can either try and invoke Logstash as a root user or change the listener (and the appropriate appliance configuration) to a port higher than 1024 and see if that resolves the issue.

(h_foxit) #3

hi, I did use sudo and a root account .. but nothing happen when I try to ..
I did try the netflow input only and every things is work fine .. any other idea ..

(Paris Mermigkas) #4

Hmm, there is (probably) no reason for Netflow input to work alone and not in conjunction with a second input.

Are there any relevant errors in the Logstash logfile? How did you pinpoint that the problem is the input itself?

(h_foxit) #5

well when I run both inputes I see data comming from beats but nothing from the netflow .. all I see in log file or the debug mode is logstash processing data comming from beats ..
here some

12:02:39.616 [[main]>worker5] DEBUG logstash.p ipeline - output received {"event"=>{"xlate_ty pe"=>"dynamic", "src_interface"=>"B", "src_xlated_port"=>"8074", "source"= >"some.log", "type"=>"router", "src_xlated_ip"=>"10.10.8.9", "syslog_sever ity"=>"notice", "src_ip"=>"10.8.9.9", "p rotocol"=>"TCP", "syslog_timestamp"=>"Feb 13 1 2:01:11", "@version"=>"1", "beat"=>{"hostname" =>"LINUX", "name"=>"LINUX", "ver sion"=>"5.5.2"}, "host"=>"LINUX", "acti on"=>"Built", "src_geoip"=>{}, "ip.device"=>"10.8.9.90", "syslog_severity_code"=>5, "offset"

when I did switch to netflow only

5:18:55.153 [<udp.1] DEBUG logstash.codecs.netflow - Received template 256 of size 94 bytes. Representing in 94 BinData bytes
15:18:55.180 [<udp.1] DEBUG logstash.codecs.netflow - Start processing template
15:18:55.181 [<udp.1] DEBUG logstash.codecs.netflow - Field definition complete for te mplate 257 {:field=>[:uint32, :conn_id]}

(h_foxit) #6

logstash have nothing to do with this .. it was my fault.. I did analyse the traffic comming from my router the only thing i found is templates .. no input ..
thx for your help .. sorry

(system) #7

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.