Logstash not reading changes to config file (file input)

Hi,

I have been struggling with this a bit so any help would be much appreciated.

I am running logstash 2.2.4.

First Problem:

I am parsing csv files locallyand needed to make a configuration change to my filter.

Details:

File input
CSV filter
Standard ES output

Once I made the configuration change however, logstash still seems to be picking up my old configuration.

I rolled back the change and simply changed the name of one of my csv columns and even this change does not reflect as new files are being parsed.

I deleted the sincedb file associated and restarted logstash and yet seem to have no luck.

Here's the kicker. I ran logstash explicitly with the rubydebug output (from /opt/logstash/bin) and the output shows it as clearly working yet when I run my logstash service, this change doesn't work.

Am I missing something here?

Second Problem:

Can I have a filter in the following format?

filter {

if (condition) {
if (another condition) {
mutate { }
}
}

Basically, can I do nesting of conditionals as I cannot seem to get this to work either.

Once I made the configuration change however, logstash still seems to be picking up my old configuration.

Make sure you don't have any additional files in /etc/logstash/conf.d (like backup files). Logstash will read all files from that directory.

Can I have a filter in the following format?

Yes.

Thank you for the quick response.

I double checked the directory and there isn't any other file.

Any other thoughts?

Does file input by chance cache the configuration in some other location that I haven't checked?