elasticsearch {
  hosts => "localhost"
  index => "logstash-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
 }
 stdout {
  codec => rubydebug
 }
}

On my index, I got the index of the next day. So i don have 2 index in the same day.
As what i've read the some other post, it is because of the UTC standard of the logstash.
Is there a way to adjust the timezone of the output index. For ex. timezone => MNL/PHL

(Magnus Bäck) #2

You could create another field with the date in your local timezone and reference that field in the index option.

Why does this even matter?

(Jonar B) #3

You could create another field with the date in your local timezone and reference that field in the index option.

For example I have a field in my data which is @timestamp, therefore can I use this field?

output {
 elasticsearch {
  hosts => "localhost"
  index => "logstash-%{@timestamp}"
 }
 stdout {
  codec => rubydebug
 }
}

Why does this even matter?

For me to check if there's data stored in my server in the specific date. Or I can check today if there's data today.

(Magnus Bäck) #4

For example I have a field in my data which is @timestamp, therefore can I use this field?

No, @timestamp is UTC so you can't use it without converting its value into a date string in the local timezone. That could be done with a ruby filter. I don't have details handy so you'll have to do some digging.

For me to check if there's data stored in my server in the specific date. Or I can check today if there's data today.

Just include the desired date range in your ES query instead.

(Jonar B) #5

Noted @magnusbaeck. Thank you very much! :+1:

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.