Logstash service not working?

Can anyone help me with this error? my logstash service is not opening the requested pots in the config files such as port 514. I don't know if that is related.

root@fgprd-oncommand-elasticlog-app001:/var/log/logstash# cat logstash.log
{:timestamp=>"2017-02-03T12:58:35.212000-0500", :message=>"An unexpected error occurred!", :error=>#<Errno::EACCES: Permission denied - bind(2)>, :class=>"Errno::EACCES", :backtrace=>["org/jruby/ext/socket/RubyTCPServer.java:124:in initialize'", "org/jruby/RubyIO.java:853:innew'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-tcp-3.0.4/lib/logstash/inputs/tcp.rb:244:in new_server_socket'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-tcp-3.0.4/lib/logstash/inputs/tcp.rb:79:inregister'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.2.4-java/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:322:in start_inputs'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1613:ineach'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.2.4-java/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:321:in start_inputs'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.2.4-java/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:172:instart_workers'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.2.4-java/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:126:in run'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.2.4-java/lib/logstash/agent.rb:210:inexecute'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.2.4-java/lib/logstash/runner.rb:90:in run'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:incall'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.2.4-java/lib/logstash/runner.rb:95:in run'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:incall'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/stud-0.0.22/lib/stud/task.rb:24:in `initialize'"], :level=>:warn}

What version, what does your config look like?

Would suggest that it cannot access the port.

I'm not sure if this is a fix or a workaround but I had to set the net_bind_service capabilities to the java binary.

setcap cap_net_bind_service=+epi /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java

This fixed my issue and logstash is running fine and the ports I named in the config file are now listening.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.