Logstash started but not processing anything

I started Logstash(version 5.2) as service in ubuntu 14.04.When I check Logstash status, it is showing as running.But no messages are appended in Logstash log file(/var/log/logstash/logstash-plain.log saying that it is started, nor it processes events.When I uninstalled Logstash package and reinstalled the same, it worked initially then it shows the same behaviour .Could any one please help me on this.

Providing your config would be helpful :slight_smile:

In my 'logstash.yml' I have '/etc/logstash/conf.d' as value for path.config parameter and I have single configuration file in conf.d directory.I appended a '' to make it '/etc/logstash/conf.d/'.Still it is not working.I don't understand why it worked first time after reinstallation.

My configuration is :

input {
udp {
port => "2048"
codec => multiline {
pattern => "^["
negate => true
what => previous
}
}
}
filter {
mutate {
gsub => ["message","\n"," "]
}
grok {
match => {"message"=>"[**]%{IP:host} %{WORD:name} %{WORD:place} %{NUMBER:pincode}"}
}

}
output {
stdout {codec => json}
}

You really don't want to use the multiline codec with the udp input. Move the multiline processing closer to the source.

With your configuration, message #1 won't be processed until Logstash sees the beginning of message #2. This might be why you're not seeing anything.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.