Logstash stopped pushing logs to elastic(UPD)

Hey friends!
My question about ELK stack. I have remote rails server. It writes two logs - production.log and reports.log. Also I didn't remove ELK's server syslog from my logstash input. So my logstash has to parse local syslog and prod.log and reports.log from remote host. It works until 27th of june O_O. It is not a priority issue. But I have to fix it for better tomorrow;).
I've started this issue 3-4 times and don't have enough patience.
What I've already found:
Filebeat:

/usr/bin/filebeat[24911]: transport.go:125: SSL client failed to connect with: dial tcp x.x.x.x:5044: getsockopt: connection refused

this forum says that it is problem with logstash.
When logstash running:
I can connect with tellnet to this port and ns works too.
But I don't see logs in elastic(kibana)...
Logstash logs says next:

{:timestamp=>"2017-07-14T19:00:08.690000-0400", :message=>"CircuitBreaker::rescuing exceptions", :name=>"Beats input", :exception=>LogStash::Inputs::Beats::InsertingToQueueTakeTooLong, :level=>:warn}
{:timestamp=>"2017-07-14T19:00:08.693000-0400", :message=>"Beats input: The circuit breaker has detected a slowdown or stall in the pipeline, the input is closing the current connection and rejecting new connection until the pipeline recover.", :exception=>LogStash::Inputs::BeatsSupport::CircuitBreaker::HalfOpenBreaker, :level=>:warn}
{:timestamp=>"2017-07-14T19:00:08.752000-0400", :message=>"CircuitBreaker::rescuing exceptions", :name=>"Beats input", :exception=>LogStash::Inputs::Beats::InsertingToQueueTakeTooLong, :level=>:warn}
{:timestamp=>"2017-07-14T19:00:08.757000-0400", :message=>"Beats input: The circuit breaker has detected a slowdown or stall in the pipeline, the input is closing the current connection and rejecting new connection until the pipeline recover.", :exception=>LogStash::Inputs::BeatsSupport::CircuitBreaker::HalfOpenBreaker, :level=>:warn}

and many many

{:timestamp=>"2017-07-14T19:00:38.821000-0400", :message=>"retrying failed action with response code: 503", :level=>:warn}

I can see syslog data into kibana, but not logs from remote host.

Do you need some extra info? Any configs?

Ok. I've remove syslog filter and add output rubydebug. And output looks like logstas gets data from remote:

{
            "message" => "some json data which I can't post",
}

So output looks correct.
My output file(30-elasticsearch-output.conf) looks:

output {
  stdout { codec => rubydebug }
  elasticsearch {
    hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
    sniffing => true
    manage_template => false
    index => "%{[@metadata][beat]}-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
    document_type => "%{[@metadata][type]}"
  }
}

And logstash logs:

{:timestamp=>"2017-07-17T09:19:33.094000-0400", :message=>"CircuitBreaker::rescuing exceptions", :name=>"Beats input", :exception=>LogStash::Inputs::Beats::InsertingToQueueTakeTooLong, :level=>:warn}
{:timestamp=>"2017-07-17T09:19:33.098000-0400", :message=>"Beats input: The circuit breaker has detected a slowdown or stall in the pipeline, the input is closing the current connection and rejecting new connection until the pipeline recover.", :exception=>LogStash::Inputs::BeatsSupport::CircuitBreaker::HalfOpenBreaker, :level=>:warn}
{:timestamp=>"2017-07-17T09:19:39.212000-0400", :message=>"CircuitBreaker::rescuing exceptions", :name=>"Beats input", :exception=>LogStash::Inputs::Beats::InsertingToQueueTakeTooLong, :level=>:warn}
{:timestamp=>"2017-07-17T09:19:39.221000-0400", :message=>"Beats input: The circuit breaker has detected a slowdown or stall in the pipeline, the input is closing the current connection and rejecting new connection until the pipeline recover.", :exception=>LogStash::Inputs::BeatsSupport::CircuitBreaker::HalfOpenBreaker, :level=>:warn}
{:timestamp=>"2017-07-17T09:19:46.429000-0400", :message=>"CircuitBreaker::rescuing exceptions", :name=>"Beats input", :exception=>LogStash::Inputs::Beats::InsertingToQueueTakeTooLong, :level=>:warn}
{:timestamp=>"2017-07-17T09:19:46.433000-0400", :message=>"Beats input: The circuit breaker has detected a slowdown or stall in the pipeline, the input is closing the current connection and rejecting new connection until the pipeline recover.", :exception=>LogStash::Inputs::BeatsSupport::CircuitBreaker::HalfOpenBreaker, :level=>:warn}

in the same time tail -f /var/log/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.log doesn't show new lines. I say "nothing happened".

Ok. I've found these answer - Lots of Beats input
It says add congestion_threshold
And I've added. So now logs contains only

retrying failed action with response code: 503

I've found Retrying failed action with response code: 503
ugh:

curl -XGET http://localhost:9200/_cluster/health

returns

{"cluster_name":"elasticsearch","status":"red","timed_out":false,"number_of_nodes":1,"number_of_data_nodes":1...}

status "red" :confused:
Can I fix that without removing all my data and/or indixes ?

Can I fix that without removing all my data and/or indixes ?

Maybe, but that's a question for the Elasticsearch group.

Thank you. I think it is not a big deal as I've already removed all indices. So my question can be closed. But does it make any sense? Maybe I should remove it(question/topic)?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.