Logstash Stopping Silently at the backgrounnd

Hi I am using Logstash 2.4.0 . I am getting below error in the logs.

{"thread_id"=>51, "name"=>"[main]>worker22", "plugin"=>nil, "current_call"=>"
[...]/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.4.0-java/lib/logstash/output_delegator.rb:128:in pop'"}, {"thread_id"=>52, "name"=> "[main]>worker23", "plugin"=>nil, "current_call"=>"[...]-2.4.0/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/manticore-0.6.0-java/lib/manticore/response .rb:50:incall'"}]}>, :level=>:warn, :file=>"logstash/shutdown_watcher.rb", :line=>"54", :method=>"start"}
{:timestamp=>"2017-04-26T13:59:36.795000+0200", :message=>"The shutdown process appears to be stalled due to busy or blocked plugins. C
heck the logs for more information.", :level=>:error, :file=>"logstash/shutdown_watcher.rb", :line=>"57", :method=>"start"}

Please Suggest

My first suggestion is to upgrade to 2.4.1, if not 5.3.x. There have been many bug fixes since the release of 2.4.0, including one where exception messages got lost, resulting in the exact situation you report above.

Logstash version 5.x can still work with Elasticsearch versions 2.x, so that shouldn't be a barrier.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.