Logstash unable to index due to multiple doc types in mapping

Hi, I manually put an index template in Elasticsearch with doc_type doc. But when Logstash tries to index an event using this template. it shows failed to index due to multiple doc types. I think the template I defined is the same as the doc type in the event, which is doc. Can anyone explain why it failed to index?

Another question:
If I update the index pattern, will Logstash use the new index pattern or still cache the old index pattern?

[2019-02-18T22:37:05,637][WARN ][logstash.outputs.elasticsearch] Could not index event to Elasticsearch. {:status=>400, :action=>["index", {:_id=>nil, :_index=>"log-2019", :_type=>"doc", :_routing=>nil}, #<LogStash::Event:0xdc6d769>], :response=>{"index"=>{"_index"=>"log-2019", "_type"=>"doc", "_id"=>"4yZ4BGkBCjBT-EkD5FW0", "status"=>400, "error"=>{"type"=>"illegal_argument_exception", "reason"=>"Rejecting mapping update to [log-2019] as the final mapping would have more than 1 type: [_doc, doc]"}}}}

Template defined use Template API:

PUT _template/log-success
{
  "index_patterns": ["log-*"],
  "settings": {
    "number_of_shards": 1,
    "number_of_replicas" : 0,
    "index.refresh_interval": "5s"
  },
  "mappings": {
    "doc": {
      "dynamic": "strict",
      "properties": {
        "@timestamp" : {"type" : "date"},
        "@version" : {"type" : "keyword"},
        "source" : {"type" : "keyword"}
      }
    }
  }
}

Logstash pipeline.conf:

input {
    beats {
        port => "5044"
    }
}

filter {
  ruby {
    path => "./parse.rb"
  }

date {
    match => ["time", "EEE MMM dd HH:mm:ss z yyyy"]
    remove_field => ["time"]
  }
}

output {
  stdout { codec => rubydebug }
  if [parsingError] {
    elasticsearch {
      manage_template => false
      template_name => "log-failure"
      hosts => [ "localhost:9200" ]
      index => "failure-log-%{+yyyy}"
    }
  }
  else {
    elasticsearch {
      manage_template => false
      template_name => "log-success"
      hosts => [ "localhost:9200" ]
      index => "log-%{+yyyy}"
    }
  }
}

Th default document type used by Logstash (and the rest of the stack) is _doc and not doc. If you change your index template accordingly it should work.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.