Logstash update [7.6.1] java_execution

Hello.

Got one question to java_execution flag.
We were developing some plugins previously in logstash 7.4.2. Now I try to update it to 7.6.1.
I were not able to start it so I started to dig down.

Trimming config to just

filter
{
	mutate {
		remove_field => ["type"]
	}
}

(with input and output but those are in separate files)
I was still not able to execute it.
Normally ee build container with docker oss and our custom plugin.
Additionally we set java_execution to false (as we need this to keep message order, its an issue with current java_execution as we found out).
For testing we also turned off installing our plugin to not mess with original image to narrow potential source of problem.
Error I got when i mount up docker-compose from logstash container is:

[2020-03-16T14:39:47,898][DEBUG][logstash.plugins.registry] On demand adding plugin to the registry {:name=>"mutate", :type=>"filter", :class=>LogStash::Filters::Mutate}
[2020-03-16T14:39:47,918][ERROR][logstash.agent           ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"LogStash::ConfigurationError", :message=>"Could not determine ID for filter/mutate, source don't matched: [file]/usr/share/logstash/pipeline/uk/logstash.conf:6:2:```\n\n\nfilter\n{\n\tmutate {\n\t\tremove_field => [\"type\"]\n\t}\n}\n```", :backtrace=>["org/logstash/plugins/PluginFactoryExt.java:193:in `plugin'", "org/logstash/plugins/PluginFactoryExt.java:167:in `plugin'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:77:in `plugin'", "(eval):16:in `initialize'", "org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1052:in `eval'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:51:in `initialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:96:in `initialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:36:in `execute'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:326:in `block in converge_state'"]}

When I turn java_execution to false it starts ...
How can I make mutate accessible when java_execution is turned off? Do we have to somehow install them, or us specific version of plugins ?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.