Logstash with elasticsearch input loops results and always gives the error " Failed to parse request body "

I'm getting this error no matter how I tweak my very basic logstash configuration:
Error: [400] {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Failed to parse request body"}],"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Failed to parse request body","caused_by":{"type":"json_parse_exception","reason":"Unrecognized token '**************': was expecting ('true', 'false' or 'null')\n at [Source: org.elasticsearch.transport.netty4.ByteBufStreamInput@6d67a6bb; line: 1, column: 30]"}},"status":400}

Even if I know there are only 8 "hits" in the results, it will keep outputting the 8 results over and over until I kill the logstash script ... at first, I thought it was my query, but I keep getting the same error even with NO query at all:
input {
elasticsearch {
hosts => ["", "", ""]
index => "index_name_here"
user => "
"
password => "
***"
}
}
filter {
}
output {
stdout {
codec => json
}
}

any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

Identified as bug: https://github.com/logstash-plugins/logstash-input-elasticsearch/issues/62

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.