Logstash Won't Start after Restart 6.2.2 load error: jopenssl

Hello all!
I am currently working on a test instance of logstash. It has been working fine until recently I did a service logstash restart because I change a configuration file slightly. Since then logstash won't start. It just continually restarts and posts this message to syslog.

logstash[6587]: [ERROR] 2018-04-13 15:06:48.901 [main] Logstash - java.lang.IllegalStateException: org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: (LoadError) load error: jopenssl -- java.lang.RuntimeException: BUG: we can not copy embedded jar to temp directory

The server is running Ubuntu 16.04
Logstash was installed using .deb

The configuration I changed was just removing a whole filter line from a conf.d file. The change shouldn't be causing this kind of error.
Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Devin

I rebooted the server and now the error message has changed slightly.
logstash[2669]: [ERROR] 2018-04-13 15:39:18.991 [main] Logstash - java.lang.IllegalStateException: org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: (RuntimeError)
logstash[2669]: #011you might need to reinstall the gem which depends on the missing jar or in case there is Jars.lock then resolve the jars with lock_jars command
logstash[2669]: load error: org/bouncycastle/bcprov-jdk15on/1.56/bcprov-jdk15on-1.56 -- java.lang.RuntimeException: BUG: we can not copy embedded jar to temp directory (LoadError)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.